Ascii Pfile write problem

From: Brian Jenkins (brianjenkins@att.net)
Date: 11/06/01

A while back I installed ASCII PFiles and it worked for a while but now
I seem to have a problem. If i remove all the characters then i can make
new character and he will be the imp and his character will save. After
that
if i try to create a new player then it will work fine but it won't save

no matter what i've tried. When i log in as the imp i get the two errors

below right after i press return after i type in my name but before I
type the password. when i make a new player it doesn't give me these
errors
though. I think i changed something but i mess with so much stuff every
day i can't remember what i changed. Well here it is, any advice is
greatly
appreciated.

Here are the errors i get:

SYSERR: one_argument received a NULL pointer!
SYSERR: init_char: Character '(null)' not found in player table.

And here is some relevant code including where the error is written
from:

***SNIP***
/* initialize a new character only if class is set */
void init_char(struct char_data *ch)
{
  int i;

  /* create a player_special structure */
  if (ch->player_specials == NULL)
    CREATE(ch->player_specials, struct player_special_data, 1);

  /* *** if this is our first player --- he be God *** */

  if (top_of_p_table == 0) {
    GET_EXP(ch) = 50000000;
    GET_LEVEL(ch) = LVL_IMPL;

    ch->points.max_hit = 500;
    ch->points.max_mana = 100;
    ch->points.max_move = 82;
  }
  set_title(ch, NULL);

***SNIP***

  if ((i = get_ptable_by_name(GET_NAME(ch))) != -1)
    player_table[top_of_p_table].id = GET_IDNUM(ch) = top_of_p_table +
1;
  else
    log("SYSERR: init_char: Character '%s' not found in player table.",
GET_NAME(ch));

  for (i = 1; i <= MAX_SKILLS; i++) {
    if (GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMPL)
      SET_SKILL(ch, i, 0);
    else
      SET_SKILL(ch, i, 100);
  }
***SNIP***

  for (i = 0; i < 3; i++)
    GET_COND(ch, i) = (GET_LEVEL(ch) == LVL_IMPL ? -1 : 24);

  GET_LOADROOM(ch) = NOWHERE;
}
***SNIP***

Thanks in advance