Re: [MYSQL] Crash in parse_object after reading triggers for mobs

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 11/13/01

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Artovil wrote:

>I do not have, not sure about the name, Electric Fence, on my server,
>since I have it hosted.  I will see what I can do about that though.  I
>am downloading right now to see if I can run it there...  I have now
>added the library (I *think*) by doing this:
>
>-L/home/a/arcanere/utils/ElectricFence-2.1/libefence.a

LIBS='-L/home/a/arcanere/utils/ElectricFence-2.1 -lefence'

>That might be wrong, if so, tell me how to set it, perhaps I can add it
>to .tcshrc somewhere?  I also added EF_PROTECT_BELOW=1 to my .tcshrc.  I
>couldn't use -lefence since I installed it myself...

Run it without that first.  PROTECT_BELOW does underruns ("array[-1]")
where non-BELOW does overruns (array[5billion]).

>Well, with some tracing I solved it now, and I appear to have everything
>working.

You know how maddening it is when people fix something and don't say what
they did? :)

>Confused as always.  I am surprised you even put up with me.  Remind me
>not to code with fever and the flu again, m'kay?  Well, everything is
>well now.

Better than drunk. Not that I'd know.

--
George Greer