Prompt, & do_flee.

From: David Cole (tiznor@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/26/01

Hello once again,

(Prompt)

Still having some problems with the battle prompt, I've tried to do what
someone told me, with the FIGHTING(d->character) but no working. heh. I also
added a CAN_SEE to where it will print someone instead of there name if you
cant see them. But my problem now is that its showing the enemies name in
both fields instead of the tanks name and the enemy's name. Also when
someone assists the tank it shows the assistors name instead of the tank
name. I've tried GET_NAME(d->character), this print the name of the tank but
also prints the name of the assistor instead of the tanks name for the
assistor, and
GET_NAME(FIGHTING(d->character)) witch shows the enemy's name in both fields
regardless of anything else. Here's what I got for tank: (Format might be a
bit off here, outlook reformats the emails to 78 chars I think).

    if (PRF_FLAGGED(d->character, PRF_TANKNAME) && FIGHTING(d->character)) {
    if (COLOR_LEV(d->character) >= C_CMP) {
 if (CAN_SEE(d->character, FIGHTING(d->character))) {
    sprintf(prompt + strlen(prompt), " T: %s ",
GET_NAME(FIGHTING(d->character)));
 } else
 sprintf(prompt + strlen(prompt), " T: Someone ");
  } else {
 if (CAN_SEE(d->character, FIGHTING(d->character))) {
    sprintf(prompt + strlen(prompt), " T: %s ",
GET_NAME(FIGHTING(d->character)));
 } else
 sprintf(prompt + strlen(prompt), " T: Someone ");}
 }

Works great except the names are wrong now, can anyone help?

(AGI, & POWER)

For those of you wondering I got it installed great, why it wasn't saving
was I forgotten to add the proper places to save_char in db.c :p *Whaps
self*

(DO_FLEE)

I was fooling with this the other night, I searched the archive trying to
see if anyone had done this before but all my results where negative so, I'm
going to ask you guys if anyone has done it. When fleeing, it normally
prints you feel head of heals, what imp wanting it to do is print
you flee %sward, %s being the direction to which you fled. I tried adding a
dirs[dir] and changing the send_to_char to a sprintf(buf2, worked great,
int'ed dir at the top and it compiled great, but now, when someone flees
inside the game, the game crashes cause it cant resolve the direction in
which you fled cause do_simple_move is called before it actually prints the
direction in which you fled, so was wondering if anyone has rewritten this
to work like so:

You flee %sward
then it does a look at room, room name desc, exits etc.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.