Socket closing error under cygwin

From: Templar Viper (templarviper@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/30/01

I am running a modified circlebpl17 on windows 98 with the cygwin
emulator. Everything is working nicely, except that people do not
actually get disconnected when they log off. The client will still think
the connecting is open, but the server already closed it.
I already tried compiling circlemud with MSVC6, and then it seems to
work ok. I think it has to do something with the windows socket
handling, but i have no clue how to fix it whatsoever. Help is greatly
appreciated.