Re: Simple questions.

From: David Cole (tiznor@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/07/01

Thanks to both post about the mortal to immortal level fix :)

> if you'll notice the strcat(buf, "\r\n"); line of code, that's what's
making
> it display it one line below the ldesc. to fix this you might try leaving
> that out, and wherever you tell it to put the (Gold Aura) in, put the \r\n
> after that, along with wherever else the ldesc is used.
>
> - Micken

I've removed the strcat(buf, "\r\n"); from the medit parse, and my code to
make the aura show after looks as follows:

  if (IS_NPC(i) && i->player.long_descr && GET_POS(i) == GET_DEFAULT_POS(i))
{
    if (AFF_FLAGGED(i, AFF_INVISIBLE))
      strcpy(buf, "*");
    else
      *buf = '\0';

      strcat(buf, i->player.long_descr);
 if (AFF_FLAGGED(ch, AFF_DETECT_ALIGN)) {
   if (IS_EVIL(i))
   strcat(buf, " (&rRed Aura&n)");
      else
   if (IS_GOOD(i))
   strcat(buf, " (&YGold Aura&n)");
 }
      strcat(buf, "\r\n");
      send_to_char(buf, ch);

    return;
  }

But i'm still getting the long desc, then a break, then the aura, any ideas?
:)

Thanks,
Dave