Re: Patching in Windows

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 01/05/02

> I've asked about patching and everyone says go in your src directory and
> type patch <xxx.patch, i finally figured out they were speaking of using
> UNIX. So I got cygwin to run UNIX in Windows but when I went in my src
> directory and tried patching it says Patch is not a recognized command. So
> what can I do?

        Sorry if this is a bit of a late response, but you do know how to
run the program from DOS, right?  Like, typing the full path to it, if you
don't have the directory it's in already in your PATH environmental
variable?

        If you do just want to add the directory to your PATH environment,
you may want to reconsider naming some of the programs like 'ftp' and the
sort, since they operate in odd ways sometimes in windows.

        The alternative is to run bash shell, instead of a DOS command
window.  There should be an icon, and menu item.  These set up your
environment correctly so you don't have to fiddle around with anything.

                                PjD