Re: Compile problems

From: krenshala (krenshala@koboldi.net)
Date: 01/08/02

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 12:12:20PM -0600, Derrick D. Henning was heard to say:

> I recently upgraded to Linux 7.2 after copying my Mud files back on to
> it, I started getting the following errors, any assistance would be
> appreciated.

Which flavour of linux?

> When I do a ./configure I get this error:
>
> creating src/conf.h
> cat: ./src/conf.h.in: No such file or directory
> Configuration completed. To compile, type: cd src; make

you need to make clean, then get teh config.h.in and Makefile.in from the
stock circle and rerun configure and make.  I ran into this because I had
deleted all but Makefile and config.h when first compiling bpl19.  Put
the files it's complaining it can't find back in src and all is happy
again.

> Also if I goto the src file and do a make all I get this:

<snip make errors>

Make will always fail if configure doesn't run right (or at least that is
MY experience ... YMMV).

> Any Ideas? Also the conf.h file was there, I deleted it to see if that
> helped and recreate it, and still nothing

     Larry

Larry Robinson
krenshala@koboldi.net
krenshala@jump.net