Re: [Newbie] Newbie Gear

From: Karl B Buchner (zerker@juno.com)
Date: 01/09/02

> I want to give gear to newbies, I've looked in class.c
> I've found do_start

in do_start, at the bottom put
obj_to_char(read_object(3001, VIRTUAL), ch);

replacing 3001 with the vnum of the object you want all
characters to start with.  Multiple calls to this function w/
different vnums will allow you to give them more items.

or you can put in something like this at the top:
#define NUM_NEWBIE_VNUMS 5
int i, vnums[] = {3001, 3012, 3044, 3099, 18677};

and down at the bottom:
for(i = 0; i < NUM_NEWBIE_VNUMS; i++){
        obj_to_char(read_object(vnums[i], VIRTUAL), ch);

this lets you give them a long list of eq with less lines, and
allows you to edit the given equipment by adding to the array
and setting the NUM_NEWBIE_VNUMS to the right amount

> An earlier post said to look in contrib/code/commands
> for help, but there is nothing relevent there.

I know I've seen a patch for this somewhere...I guess it's in
another directory.  Sorry for any dificulties caused by sending
you there.

Blaize
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.