Re: Circle as a service

From: krenshala (krenshala@koboldi.net)
Date: 01/16/02

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 11:14:42AM -0500, Mike Stilson was heard to say:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 12:58:03AM -0500, Phillip Ames wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I'm looking for information here on how I can make Circle into a service
> >for my linux box...  Similar to like httpd, dhpcd, etc. - something that
> >linuxconf will recognize, that will start on boot, the whole 9 yards.
> >Is there anyone who is aware of somewhere I can look to find more
> >information on how to do this?  Also, is there any potential
> >conflicts/problems that I'm not aware of?  Thanks,
> >-Phil
>
> somewhere in an rc.local or wherever, maybe just
> su - muduser
> nohup [path to autorun script] &
>
> (or something like that.. it worked once long ago, then I figured it's
> easier to just start it manually.  uptimes of however long between old
> kernel and when I feel like installing a new one make it a non-issue
> anyway.)

For the short time I had circle running a year or so ago, that was exactly
how I set it up.  For teh current incarnation (starting over with bpl20) I
am starting it manually ... but then I don't really have any users for it
yet (nor a world for them to use ... yet :).

     Larry

Larry Robinson
krenshala@koboldi.net
krenshala@jump.net