Re: NEWBIE...Needs help with sac code

From: Welcor (welcor@dune.net)
Date: 01/29/02

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy D. Helton" <mars@MARKAB.NET>
To: <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 7:04 AM
Subject: [CIRCLE] NEWBIE...Needs help with sac code

> I've seen part of this code here on the list, I apologize for not
> remembering of the top of my head who wrote the original code.  I can get
> the code to sac corpses, but I cannot get it to sac other things in a room
> or in my inventory. I know some of this may have been covered. I'm very
new
> to coding in C, most of my work has been done in VB.
> I'm running CircleMUD bpl18.
> Here is the code, any help would be greatly appreciated.

<snip>
>     if (!IS_CORPSE(obj))
>     {
>  send_to_char("You can't sacrifice that!\n\r",ch);
>  return;
>     }
<snip>
Remove these lines, as they prevent you from sacrifificing things
other than corpses. Also, since you've migrated to C from another
language, it might help you if you check out the Gnu C library at

http://www.fsf.org/manual/glibc-2.0.6/html_node/libc_toc.html

Here you should be able to get an overview of the commands you're
dealing with.

Or a tutorial, even;
http://lib.daemon.am/Books/C/ch01/ch01.htm
teach yourself C in 21 days