Re: Where the roll stats is?

From: Zerin (dapiner@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/22/02

--- rob tavares <vze26fdh@VERIZON.NET> wrote:
> You will never be a coder as long as your asking
> other people questions.
> Simple as that.
> 75% of programming is debugging. whats debugging?
> but asking yourself
> 'damn WTH is this mess and how can I fix it'
> you won't be able to ask these questions w/o being
> anything less then
> reasonably familiar with the code.

You will never be a good coder if you DO NOT ask
questions.  Asking questions assists in the learning
process.  However, emailing 400 people with a question
"Can you make my mud for me?"
is wrong.  That shows ignornce, but asking questions
about subjects you are infamilar with is correct,
that is what this mailling list is based on, the
fact to assist others on the CircleMUD codebase.

Other then that you are correct, you must read the
code before you actually can code.  If you do not
have the time to read books, look over code,
debug, upload, download, and handle immortal relations
then forget it, your mud will not succed.

Zerin
"The bard that could"

http://sports.yahoo.com