Re: Adding in firearms

From: Abraham Dizon (soldier2003@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/02/02

OS: Windows 98
Compiler: Cygwin
Version: Circlemudbpl18

My bad people let me restate what I mean heh. Okay here it goes. I am trying
to add firearms too my MUD right, so I went to the ftp site and got the code
for adding in fireweapons (weapons that can shoot projectiles) yesterday. I
followed what the author said and frankly everything was jacked up.

act.informative.c: void look_in_obj(struct char_data * ch, char *arg)

Okay to the code that says this in the function:
  } else if ((GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) != ITEM_DRINKCON) &&
             (GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) != ITEM_FOUNTAIN) &&
             (GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) != ITEM_CONTAINER))
    send_to_char("There's nothing inside that!\r\n", ch);
  else {

This is where I want to add in the code that lets me see the ammunition
inside the firearm or clip. this is what I did:

  } else if ((GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) != ITEM_DRINKCON) &&
             (GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) != ITEM_FOUNTAIN) &&
             (GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) != ITEM_CONTAINER))

         if ((GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) == ITEM_FIREWEAPON) &&
             (GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj) == ITEM_MISSILE)) {

    sprintf(buf, "It contains %d units of ammunition.\r\n", GET_OBJ_VAL(obj,
3));
    send_to_char(buf, ch);
   } else {
    send_to_char("There's nothing inside that!\r\n", ch);
} else {

I recompiled the MUD and got no errors. I'm doing this whole coding step by
step. Anyways I logged into my MUD, created two objects, one Fireweapon and
the other Missile. I typed look in for both but got this message: There's
nothing inside that!

I don't know where I went wrong and everything I added in seems right
at this point. My bet is probably on something to do with oedit.c in the
values area. Dunno how to set that up but I'll ask later on as I progress
with the code. Any help is greatly appriciated. If you know how to add in
firearms drop me an email. Thanks.

- Hero

Blasted Firearms Code is BOTHERING ME!