Re: E-specs for spec proc handling.

From: Count Kase (countkase@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/15/02

From: "Welcor" <welcor@DUNE.NET>
> From: "Daniel A. Koepke" <dkoepke@CIRCLEMUD.ORG>
>

> > On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Bejhan Jetha wrote:
> >
> > > What if they were used as intergers? Or you could just make a new flag
> > > called Specials or something like that so and have them under there.
> >
> > George's suggestion of using an E-spec field to set special procedures
is
> > a much more attractive idea.
> >
> And could get rid of spec_assign.c altogether :)
>
> I can see that working for mobiles right away, since they already
> have an E-spec field.
>
> The idea would mean E-specs would have to be implemented for
> rooms and objects as well.
>
> I can't wait to see this in an official release :).

I saw a couple of posts on the moderated circle list.  'dynamic libraries'
by Eric Green and "assigning libraries 'dynamicly' with OLC" by Ramus 'con'
ranlov, addressed this possibility back in September '96 and April '97
respectively.  I tried implementing some of it, but I'm not dedicated enough
to make it work.
  How about the possibility of having the mud load additional libraries at
run time, and uing the command, specials and possibly other functions
within.