Re: [NEWBIEish][CODE][LONG] defining racial size

From: Russell Brown (Russell_Brown@MFDG.COM)
Date: 03/24/02

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:19:47 GMT, Owen Brodal-Robertson <obr@hisplace.net>
wrote:

>NB: I just noticed after reading a do_stat I had logged, the
>implementor's size stays at Microsocopic (0).. however players
>are created with correct size defines set... not a major bug
>but something I'll post the solution to after I work out
>what's causing it.

Check Class.c somewhere around the roll_real_abils function. The first
implementor character is not routed through the function in the same
manner as normal characters since his abilites are just set to max and
not rolled.  I ran into the same problem when I added sizes but that was
quite a while ago so I can't tell you exactly what to fix.

Other good uses for character sizes:
1. To hit modifiers, I give a +1 to hit for each size class larger the
victim is, -1 for each class smaller.
2. Damage Modifiers. Just the opposite, Big guys get +1 dam for each class
larger they are than their target.
3. Making equipment size dependant is fun.
4. My doors also have size limits, good luck getting your ogre down that
storm drain.

Let me know if you have any other good ideas for integrating size in
other ways.

Russ Brown