Re: Outdated or Updated

From: Shane P. Lee (tacodog21@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/25/02

> #define IS_CAP(c) (((c)>='A'  && (c) <= 'Z') ? 1 : 0 )  /* I'm
> epecially interested about what Nashak meant with this statement but
> more important where it should be put, because it doesn't exist in
> the source code in pl18*/

Put this in utils.h with the other macros.

> *****Furthermore can someone please tell me how to modify the
> makefile changes he describes so that it become compatibel with MSVC
> 6.0*******

Don't worry with the makefile for MSCVC 6.0, all you have to do is
add all the *.c and *.h files to the project. If you don't know how to
do this, email me off-list for step-by-step instructions.
As far as the other stuff in your email, I'll leave it for someone
else to answer. I don't have a compiler and the only copy of
circleMUD I have on this PC is bpl20. For the most part, everything
_looked_ okay, but you would just have to try it first.
I would suggest searching the entire source for the word 'chclass'
and then doing a copy/paste/edit and replacing 'chclass' and
GET_CLASS with 'race' 'GET_RACE' on the edited version.
-------------------------------------
Plain English (Americanized) Example:
Search for:
  GET_CLASS
You find:
  GET_CLASS(ch) = st->chclass;
Copy/paste/edit below this to:
  GET_RACE(ch) = st->race;
!!!This is only an example!!!
--------------------------------------

The snippet should show you the other changes you have to make,
but not all of them. I have never seen a snippet that fits perfectly
from one beta patch release to another. I'm sure there are some out
there, just as I'm sure there are baby eagles out there too. Just
because _I_ haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Anyway, now I'm rambling...

-FIRE

p.s. I know its a hard read, but if you will check out the changelogs
in between bpl releases, it will give you a good idea of what has
changed so that you can better understand the personal editting
you will have to perform with an old snippet.

=====
http://movies.yahoo.com/