[Compiling][HELP]

From: Abraham Dizon (soldier2003@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/31/02

Maria Bonita@LIM ~/bundle18/src
$ make
gcc -MM *.c > depend
make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Maria Bonita/bundle18/src'
gcc -g -O2 -Wall    -c -o act.comm.o act.comm.c
gcc -g -O2 -Wall    -c -o act.informative.o act.informative.c

Hi ya all. Okay well straight to the point. I have Cygwin and I am using
Windows 98.
I downloaded Del's Bundle. Bundle18b for everyone that doesn't know what it
is. My problem is that when I typed make in the src directory I got this
line:

gcc -MM *.c > depend

Then it started to compile.

make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Maria Bonita/bundle18/src'
gcc -g -O2 -Wall    -c -o act.comm.o act.comm.c
gcc -g -O2 -Wall    -c -o act.informative.o act.informative.c

and so on.

Now when I'm adding some stuff to my MUD like races. Why is that when I open
my makefile and makefile.in I got this?

# Dependencies for the object files (automagically generated with
# gcc -MM)

depend:
        $(CC) -MM *.c > depend

-include depend

and not something like this:

# Dependencies for the object files (automagically generated with
# gcc -MM)

act.comm.o: act.comm.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h
interpreter.h \
  handler.h db.h screen.h
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) act.comm.c
act.informative.o: act.informative.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h
comm.h \
  interpreter.h handler.h db.h spells.h screen.h constants.h
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) act.informative.c

and so on.

I did find a file called depend that had the stuff in it:

act.comm.o: act.comm.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h \
interpreter.h handler.h db.h screen.h improved-edit.h dg_scripts.h
act.informative.o: act.informative.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h \
comm.h interpreter.h handler.h db.h spells.h screen.h constants.h \
dg_scripts.h

but their was nothing like this in it:

        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) act.comm.c

Is this the file I should be editing like the makefile? Also what about
the CFLAGS? It will work if I don't have it right? If I'm not supposed to
edit this file, what file am I supposed to edit? The MUD can boot up also.
One other thing, I downloaded mount.diff.fix.gz and who.diff.gz the other
day, how do I open this archives in a shell or in Cygwin? What is the
command? Well thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

- Hero
Administrator of Warcraft MUD
eternity.servemp3.com port 4000