Re: Unsolved Mysterious Crashes

From: Bryan Donlan (bdonlan@maine.rr.com)
Date: 05/02/02

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 11:05 am, you wrote:
> I will have already worked out all the bugs(unlike before)

Whoa! You just pinned my bogometer[1]! Seriously, I wouldn't be so fast to
make claims like that...

[1]bogosity /boh-go's*-tee/ n.

1. [orig. CMU, now very common] The degree to which something is bogus.
Bogosity is measured with a bogometer; in a seminar, when a speaker says
something bogus, a listener might raise his hand and say "My bogometer just
triggered". More extremely, "You just pinned my bogometer" means you just
said or did something so outrageously bogus that it is off the scale, pinning
the bogometer needle at the highest possible reading (one might also say "You
just redlined my bogometer"). The agreed-upon unit of bogosity is the
microLenat. 2. The potential field generated by a bogon flux; see quantum
bogodynamics. See also bogon flux, bogon filter, bogus.
-- The New hacker's dictionary