Re: [Newbie] First compile

From: krenshala (krenshala@koboldi.net)
Date: 05/12/02

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 11:06:46PM -0700, George Greer was heard to say:

> On Sun, 12 May 2002, Mark Gerritsen wrote:
>
> >I'm having trouble installing Circle30pl21.
> >I've followed the instructions in the documentation to the letter: got the
> >file, gunzipped and tar -xvf'ed it, ran ./configure, but then when I try
> >to compile, it gets stuck on utils.c:
> >
> >gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  utils.c
> >utils.c:118: parse error before `__extension__'
> >utils.c:118: `__len' undeclared here (not in a function)
>
> The C library #define for strdup() interefered with the CircleMUD-provided
> version of strdup(), which should only be included if you don't have
> strdup() in the first place.
>
> Check your config.log to see why HAVE_STRDUP is off.

For reference, on my slack 8.0 box, bpl21 compiled "out of the box" with
no errors, and has been running for almost a week (albeit with almost no
players connecting :).  Now if I can only find the time to start working
on the code to make it *my* mud again ...

     Larry

Larry Robinson
krenshala@koboldi.net
:wq