Re: aliases

From: Artovil (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 05/15/02

At 10:24 2002-05-15 -0400, you wrote:
>Small bug:  Player creates new character.  Then creates aliases
>for that character.  Deletes character.  Someone else creates
>character of same name as deleted character.  All the original
>player's aliases are still there!
>
>Now, it's handy when you're in development and need to do periodic
>pwipes, but it's not the behavior I'd want in a "live" mud...
>When a character gets deleted, his aliases should be wiped at the
>same time.

Pending on what you have in your mud this may vary, but this is for a mud
with travels and ASCII pfiles:

   /* Delete the player travels file */
     get_filename(player_table[pfilepos].name, filename, TRAV_FILE);
     remove(filename);

   /* Delete the player alias file */
   get_filename(player_table[pfilepos].name, filename, ALIAS_FILE);
   remove(filename);

   /* Delete player object file */
   Crash_delete_file(player_table[pfilepos].name);

Add those in void remove_player(int pfilepos).

Regards,
/Torgny