Re: Dotmode etc.

From: shay (shay@highstyleweb.com)
Date: 05/17/02

> >get second sword from bag
>
>Don't forget if you go this route then you also end up with:
>get sword 1
>get sword 1 from bag
>
>or in the second case:
>get first sword
>get first sword from bag
>
>This can be strange, especially if you have only 1 sword.
>The reason the dotmode was used in the first place was to allow the
>specification of different instances of objects without adding
>another parameter to the command.

Not exactly.  In the first case, if the 2nd argument (the 1) isn't a
number, then assume that your grabbing the 1st one.  In the second case, if
the 1st argument is a number represented by a word, then the object is the
next argument, otherwise the object is the 1st argument.  Much like the
dotmode is currently, just tweaked a bit.

I'm not saying it would be easy.. but could be done.

-Shay