Re: [newbie] encountered problem with abbrev.txt

From: Ray Campbell (thrawn@cox.net)
Date: 06/13/02

As far as I have seen, this code should work:
#define WHITESPACE " \t"

  int isname(const char *str, const char *namelist)
  {
    char *newlist;
    char *curtok;

    newlist = strdup(namelist); /* make a copy since strtok 'modifies'
strings */

    for(curtok = strtok(newlist, WHITESPACE); curtok; curtok = strtok(NULL,
WHITESPACE))
       if(curtok && is_abbrev(str, curtok))
       {
          free(newlist);
          return 1;
       }
    free(newlist);
    return 0;
  }

I think your problem was you changed is_abbrev to is_apart possibly a typo
on
your part.  But the above code should be compatible with every version past
bpl15

---