Re: post about innate abbilities

From: Ray Campbell (thrawn@cox.net)
Date: 06/13/02

Sorry I didn't save the post from the person who asked
about places to set innate abbilities, like infravision on elves or whathaveyou.
What I did was this:
in class.c in do_start
under set_title(ch, NULL)
I added:
switch (GET_RACE(ch)) {
  case RACE_DRACONIAN:
    SET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_BREATHE, 55);
    break;
  case RACE_ELF:
    SET_BIT_AR(AFF_FLAGS(ch), AFF_INFRAVISION);
    break;
  case RACE_HALFLING:
    SET_BIT_AR(AFF_FLAGS(ch), AFF_SNEAK);
    break;
  case RACE_MINOTAUR:
    SET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_GORE, 55);
    break;
}
right before the switch GET_CLASS etc.
I have not run across any instances where these affects will be removed
If you die, it stays, if you quit it stays, if you an imm and they unaffect <character>
it says Your victim does not have any affections!
Not sure if anyone has posted this before, but I figured I'd add my input about how
I added it.

---