Re: Addendum to prior post (newbie crosspost)

From: Ronald Fenner (
Date: 06/25/02

On Tuesday, June 25, 2002, at 09:52 AM, Mathew Earle Reuther wrote:

> Ok, you said things about if x is an array blah blah blah.  Suffice it
> say that my c knowledge is inadequate for this task.  However I'm the
> only
> person I've got who wants to spend time working on my ideas, so I'm
> stuck.
> My problem is I have no idea what you mean when you say "it's right if
> it's an array" . . . well, unless I can figure out WHAT an array looks
> like, and what specific thing is supposed to be an array, this helps me
> not at all.
declared arrays look like this usually:
  int bitvector[4];
or might look like this:
  int bitvector[];

or even this could be an array

int *ImGoingToBeAnArray;

if you don't understand what arrays in C look like let alone how to use
them  i would suggest reading a beginning C book to help you out.

most of circle is built around arrays and if you don't understand how
arrays work in C then you'll have a  hard time dealing with the code on
your own especially when the code starts tossing around pointers to
arrays which is what the last example would be.