Re: Zones and rooms

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/27/02

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Alex wrote:

>> That was before we added the bottom room, top room deal.  With the new
>> system you can have zones laid out as follows:
>>
>> bot.  top   zone
>> room  room   nr
>>   0    12    0
>>  13    14    1
>>  15   122    2
>> 123   400    3
>
>And I forgot to mention the possibility of having an overlapping zone too,
>such as:
>  140   155    4
>  142   142    5
>
>:)

Just remember that none of the current OLC systems understand overlapping
zones so they'll save duplicate rooms for the overlap.  The fix isn't that
hard, something like (untested):

  for (i = genolc_zone_bottom(rzone); i <= zone_table[rzone].top; i++) {
    int rnum;

    if ((rnum = real_room(i)) != NOWHERE) {
      int j;

      room = (world + rnum);

+     if (room->zone != rzone)
+       continue;

in save_rooms() of genwld.c, for OasisOLC.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org