Re: [newbie] [dg scripts] foolish errors and some notes

From: The Fungi (
Date: 06/30/02

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 05:56:20PM +0000, The Fungi wrote:
> I know it's bad form to reply to oneself,

And look what I'm doing, yet *again*. ;)

> I can set a trigger on a room, object, mobile, what have you via
> the usual Oasis commands. In OLC the trigger shows being set, but
> it won't fire or show with the stat command after a save to
> memory, file or zreset. *However*, upon rebooting the MUD the
> triggers work as expected and are visible with stat.

Fixed. I was only calling apply_triggers() if it was a new room.

> Hopefully I'll upload an updated patch with fixes for the above
> problem sometime before my cartoons come on tonight... Heh.

Done. Fixed a few other mistakes of mine as well. I've QA'd it as
best I can having never used DG Scripts before this week. Revised
patches can be had from:

If anyone uses them and finds I've broken something, let me know.
The new patches have been applied to my circlemud-patched packages
for Debian, available from these unofficial repositories:

   deb unstable unofficial
   deb-src unstable unofficial

Next to play with a patch for effectively reducing minimud to a
single zone.
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(; IRC(; ICQ(114362511);
AIM(dreadazathoth); YAHOO(crawlingchaoslabs); FINGER(;
MUD(; WWW(; }