Re: Replacement for saving throws/thac0?

From: Deidril (F.Manisse@cryo-networks.fr)
Date: 07/10/02

> Once I am ready to tackle the saves system I'll be looking for a more
> permanent and elegant solution which suits my needs.  For now I'm looking
> for some ideas, that's all. :)

Ok, there is another solution as well.

I'll guess the score of your saving throw are balanced and based on a
formula

Why not deleting all array for saving throw and code a function
based on a formula that give the ST score.

Let s' say a warrior gain 0.5 points per level in his magic saving throw, so
you rip off your array and use a function like this :

int get_warrior_saving_magic_score ( int level )
{ return 20 - ( level / 2 ) ; }