[Newbie] Foolish Foolish Question

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (graymere@zipcon.net)
Date: 07/24/02

I cannot for the life of me get my switches to work without using the
same format as in class.c parse_class.  The example of parse_class:

int parse_class(char arg)
{
  arg = LOWER(arg);

  switch (arg) {
  case 'm': return CLASS_MAGIC_USER;
  (etc...)

However, I don't want to use LOWER, so I just do it thusly:

int parse_class(char arg)
{

  switch (arg) {
  case 'M': return CLASS_MAGIC_USER;
  (etc...)

Tells me arg is not initiallized.

I've been coding too long and I can't see through this file to debug it.
If someone can tell me why it's not working the way I want it to, please,
please please do so!  (All I want is to be able to have it react
differently to (a) than it does to (A), is that too much to ask?)

-Mathew