Re: Levels

From: Leonardo Herrera (leus@epublish.cl)
Date: 08/02/02

Clinton Davis wrote:
> I have an interesting problem. If I up the levels on my bpl14 to 128
> and up, it gives me some NICE looking compilation messages (not). Nanny
> code, and anything to do with levels or wizcommands returns one of two
> messages usually.
> "warning: comparison is always true due to a limited range of data
> type"
> "warning: comparison is always false due to a limited range of data
> type"
>
> I am unsure how to fix this.... any suggestions, etc?

Look char_player_data in structs.h, level is defined as "byte"; this
means it only can store numbers within a limited range. If you want
bigger numbers, you should change it to "int". BUT: you can break things
and if you don't know what you're doing, better stay with the 128 levels
limit.

Good ol' RTFM would do the trick, though.

Regards,
--
Leonardo Herrera L.
mailto:leus@epublish.cl