REPOSTED CVS DIFF

From: Mythran (kip_potter@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/06/02

Sorry about the reposting of this message, I wasn't receiving mail for about a week, so if this message has already been posted...please let me know! :)

Now, suppose I have been outta the business for far too long....and also, suppose this is my first (long) attempt at CVS.  Now, how would I (supposedly) go about diff'ing the files?  George helped me earlier, but I have seem to have lost the email (yeah, I kick myself quite often fer that one).  Anywho, here is what I want for ease of use...

Either have cvs diff create a patch file where all the user has to type (in the circlemud base dir) ~/circle30bplxx/ dir:

patch < OasisOLC.patch

OR

patch -p0 < OasisOLC.patch

With diff, all I had to do was diff -upNr OasisOLC circle30bplxx (fake names of course)...but with cvs, it doesn't seem to be working that way being that I have ended up with patch files larger than both the mud and oasisolc together (4 mb total).  So, treat me like a dummy, but don't point me to a man page (I hate those sometimes, while others, I love em).

Mythran

OasisOLC is coming along well!!!