Re: where are the calls to specs

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 09/07/02

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 06:05:16PM +0000, Kras Kresh wrote:
> When running stock circle, where is the call to the room/mob/obj specs?
> I can't seem to find them.

Not to sound asinine, but have you, by any chance, perused
castle.c, spec_assign.c and spec_procs.c? The calls themselves
reference mob_index[i].func or whatever in various parts of the
code. For example, in mobile_activity() you will see a line that
looks like:

   if ((mob_index[GET_MOB_RNUM(ch)].func) (ch, ch, 0, actbuf))

That's the sort of thing to look for. On a tangent, has anyone
successfully reimplemented *all* the specprocs with DG Scripts? I'd
like to make my circlemud-patched package move specprocs to the
trgfiles so that they can be easily removed or tweaked without
recompiling. At first glance, it doesn't look like it would be too
hard--just dull and time consuming. I'll give it a try if nobody
else has, but I'd rather not waste time reinventing the wheel...
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);