Re: [BUG] Using '%' on wiznet

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 09/22/02

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Mike Stilson wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 08:24:05PM -0700, George Greer wrote:
>>On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Mike Stilson wrote:
>>-Wformat=2,
>>
>>As far as my GCC document says, -Wformat doesn't take an argument.  I
>>haven't tried giving it one.
>
>gcc (GCC) 3.2

"gcc version 3.0.3" -- That would explain it.

>>Never said they were.  I made up a Makefile with every GCC warning to run
>>CircleMUD through. There are quite a few useful ones not in -Wall.
>
>I did the same.
>About 50 lines of "MYFLAGS +="

Mine's here:

        http://www.circlemud.org/~greerga/working/extra-warning

Only up to date for 3.0.3 and not completely even for that since Cambot is
only 2.9.6.

>const char *OK="Okay";
>send_to_char(ch, OK);
>-Wformat
>no warning/msg.
>-Wformat-security
>no warnings/msg.
>-Wformat-nonliteral
>Complains about it there not being a constant format arg.
>
>(From quick memory from having played with the flags, I didn't try this
>out, but can do it real quick if it's that big of a deal.)

Yep, I've used that one before but not frequently as Cambot doesn't have
it.  I had to make changes to the code because some places legitimately
want to create the format string.  The do_wiznet slipped through because I
haven't run it through those warnings since then.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org