Re: [NEWBIE] Adding variables into struct player_special_data_saved

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (graymere@zipcon.net)
Date: 09/24/02

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, Peter d wrote:

> well.. i have already performed a pwipe, and adding 500[1] lines of code
> isn't actually that fun :)

It's also very easy.  It was minorly challenging the very first time I
tried it, but there have been updates made to bring it up to bpl21 since
then.  I'm a terrible coder and I managed it.  I'd never go back to binary
pfiles.  The freedom of ascii is much nicer.

> what is sql and what is it good for, and can it be used with windows 2000?

If you're trying to learn to code, I'd suggest sticking with using C.
(Rule which I broke, because I'm using some XML.)  SQL is a database which
is very fast and may be modified (though not as easily as an asciifile,
which you edit with a text editor) in case of trouble with a player.  In
short, you'd do better doing the ascii pfile conversion as a novice coder
than by delving into SQL.

-Mathew