Re: Whenever I try and use trigedit it crashes the mud.

From: Mike Stilson (mike@velgarian.sytes.net)
Date: 09/27/02

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 02:51:04PM -0400, Carlton Colter wrote:
>Whenever I save a trigger using trigedit the mud crashes....  Anyone have
>any idea what could be wrong?

Errant code.  Improper memory acces.  Accessing an (un|im)properly
initialized pointer.  Accessing a free'ed pointer.  Division by zero.
Bad RAM chip.  Overheated CPU.  Illegal instruction.  Stack fault.
Or it could be any of just about anything listed in man 7 signal.

In other words, you can't ask a more vague question than you just did.

When you ask, well, precisely what you just did, could you include
information like the following:

circle-bpl/dg/olc version.
OS (linux, solaris, winblowsgoats, cygwin, etc...)
exact command entered.
(rerun or attach gdb to it and give) the output of "bt" from gdb after
the crash (which, incidentally, should give you enough information to
fix it up).
(summarize) any changes you made that could affect this function.
Anything else that might be relevant.

Unfortunately, subscription to this list does not impart to us free use
of any crystal balls.

-me

(Hope that came off as nicer than I usually reply to these posts ;-)