Re: Currency System Revisited

From: Shane P. Lee (tacodog21@yahoo.com)
Date: 10/06/02

--- "Daniel A. Koepke" <dkoepke@CIRCLEMUD.ORG> wrote:
> It should probably be one of our highest post-3.1 priorities to
> introduce
> a more flexible, general format for player data either in addition
> to, as
> an alternative to, or as a replacement for the binary pfile system.
>
> -dak
>
> --

Why is it that CircleMUD hasn't switched to an ASCII pfile system yet?
If you (George) are attempting to make things easier on those people
who are still using the binary files to update, perhaps you might
consider taking a poll. I'm sure the majority of people are either
using ASCII pfiles, or some other form, rather than the restricted
binary form.
I'm not trying to start a thread on the pro's and con's of ASCII vs.
binary, I think the answer to that should be obvious to anyone who
has tried both.
I personally used Samedi's ASCII patch for quite a while. I'm not
currently running a CircleMUD, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter
much...

-FIRE

http://faith.yahoo.com