Re: Build me a custom package

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 10/15/02

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 03:59:39PM -0700, tap3w0rm wrote:
> ok so that's what i get for speaking too soon.
>
> i didnt take a rreally good look at the readme file and i acted like a fool
>
> sorry to waste time on the list with this reteaction / admition that i am
> wrong.
>

> however i came up with only 1 problem compileing in msvc++6
> here is the info from the compiler / linker
[snip]
> basicly it is saying there is somethign wrong with the <
>
>     if (result < strlen(osb)) {
[clip]

The problem appears to be that result is defined as an int in
process_output() and strlen() returns size_t instead. An easy fix is
to typecast the strlen() call as follows:

   if (result < (int)strlen(osb)) {

The "problem" comparison appears in stock bpl22, so it shouldn't
have anything to do with the patches. Appears to have been
introduced in the socket rewrite or related errata as it wasn't that
way in bpl21. And gcc doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Should
still run fine in DOS as well, I suspect. It's only a warning, after
all...
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);