Re: efence locates problem in asciipfiles basecode (diskio.c)

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 10/21/02

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 09:14:51AM -0700, Mathew Earle Reuther wrote:
> The code being used is circleCVS (last one before bpl22), dgscripts8,
> Oasisolc current and ascii pfiles.  The versions put together were the
> ones Fungi keeps updated, however, the diskio.c file is the exact same no
> matter how many different versions of it I look at.

I do have versions updated for bpl22 (as previously noted it says
cvs2002100407 for continuity's sake but really is bpl22):

   http://srmud.net/src/

Try those patches on straight bpl22 (either from the above URL or
ftp.circlemud.org) in this order: oasisolc, dgscripts, ascii. Make
sure you don't get any rejects. You shouldn't even see any offset
chunks for that matter. Make sure you use GNU patch from the top
level circle30bpl22/ directory with the -p1 switch (patch filenames
shortened here for brevity):

   zcat ../oas.patch.gz ../dgs.patch.gz ../asc.patch.gz | patch -p1

Then make whatever additions you need for efence and gdb, configure
and compile. It's working fine for me this way on Debian Sid
GNU/Linux i386 and sparc. I will give it a run tonight with efence
and gdb myself just to see if I get anything similar, but I was not
able to reproduce the specific bugs you cited. Perhaps if you give
me a walkthrough of exactly which commands you issue from the moment
you connect to the game for the first time after compile and run
till the crash happens so I can be certain.

If the bug is in anything I'm maintaining I certainly want to find
out because in that case it probably affects my Debian packages too.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);