[Code] Thaco Table bug

From: Jeremy M. (jkm4802@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/23/02

Hello all, after what can only be described as sheer misery, I managed to
replace the Thaco table with a formula along with the Saving throws tables.
However, now when I try to compile it does something awfully strange. I know
it's something simple and it's eluding me, perhaps I didn't declare the
variable "mod" somewhere or something.. Anyhow, check it out. (See below)

[riodan@linux src]$ make
make ../bin/circle
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/riodan/JMUD/src'
gcc -g -O2 -Wall    -c -o class.o class.c
class.c: In function `level_exp':
class.c:820: `mod' undeclared (first use in this function)
class.c:820: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
class.c:820: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [class.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/riodan/JMUD/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[riodan@linux src]$

The code it has problems with is:

  switch (chclass) {
    case CLASS_MAGIC_USER:
                        mod = 45;
                        return ((level * mod)*(level * mod));
    break;
    case CLASS_CLERIC:
                        mod = 44;
                        return ((level * mod)*(level * mod));
    break;
    case CLASS_THIEF:
                        mod = 43;
                        return ((level * mod)*(level * mod));
    break;
    case CLASS_WARRIOR:
                        mod = 42;
                        return ((level * mod)*(level * mod));
    break;
  }

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated :)

Armageddon aka Jeremy M.

             Armageddon,
Darkness and Destiny MUD Implementor
          65.81.69.70 4850