Re: Upgrading (Starting completly over)

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 11/05/02

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:24:26PM -0500, Kevin Dethlefs wrote:
[...]
> Is there any knowns bundles with OLC, pfiles, DGscripts, buildwalk already in
> the contrib directory that is recent? BPL21+ perferably?
[...]

I have OasisOLC 2.0.1, DG Scripts 0.99pl9 (includes buildwalk) and
ASCII PFiles 2.1 updated for CircleMUD 3.0 October 21st CVS snapshot
(basically 3.0bpl22 with a handful of fixes):

   http://srmud.net/src/

Patch them into snapshot 2002102121 (an incremental from bpl22 is
available in http://www.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/cvs/ if you're
paranoid) in the above listed order and you should get zero rejected
chunks. Not sure if there are any gotchas for Windows development
machines since I don't have one to test.

Hopefully that gives you something to start from. Let me know if you
have any problems, but I take no credit for the software (thank the
official maintainers for circle, oasis, dgs, et al). Oh, and please
read through the readme files, but you should be able to patch in
order, './configure', 'cd src', 'make', 'cd ..', './autorun' on most
platforms and it will just work. No extra files to create/relocate.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);