Re: strdup/strcpy

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (
Date: 11/06/02

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Mark Garringer wrote:

> I seem to be having a really hard time with this, so I hope someone can give
> me a quick answer (and maybe a slap on the head).

Seems to me this problem bothered me briefly when I changed to multiple
money types as well.  I fixed it with snprintf() . . .

    snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "%s", money_info[type].single_namelist);
    obj->name = strdup(buf);

It's almost more fun not developing a mud and just answering questions.
This wasy I don't cry myself to sleep at night. :)