Re: MS Access Database & Circle MUD

From: Ronald Fenner (abbadon@mac.com)
Date: 12/11/02

> I've been scouring the internet for about two days now trying to find
> some
> information on using C/C++ (mainly on a circle MUD server) to write
> and read
> from a MS Access Database. Well I've managed to find a virtual dump of
> nothing, or everything not related to what I'm trying to do.
>
> So now, I scream to the list for help and advice. What I'm thinking
> about
> doing is using a MS Access Database to store all information from/for
> the
> MUD. Players, player objects, world files, zone files, etc etc. I'm
> using
> MSVC++ 6.0, on a WIN32 platform (Windows 2k AS).

well it took me about 5 mitnues to locate this article talking about
accessing access files with VC++

http://www.codeguru.com/mfc_database/daoarticle.html

and here is something from microsoft that talks about data access
programming that should help you to begin to get started.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/
vccore/html/_core_Database_Topics_.28.General.29.asp

Ron