Re: deleting old ascii player files

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 12/27/02

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 03:38:44PM -0500, Brandon Allen wrote:
> what i do is i add another tagin the file outputing when
> the last time they were written to disk i every night
> at midnight check it with difftime ( i write the string
> to the file in the EXACT format difftime wants) and then
> if difftime tells me it is over a number i set in conf
> i delete the file.

Maybe it depends on the version of ASCII PFiles you used, but do you
see a line in config.c that looks like:

   int auto_pwipe = NO;

Along with comments like:

   Do you want to automatically wipe players who've been gone too
   long?

   Autowipe deletion criteria: This struct holds information used to
   determine which players to wipe then the mud boots. The levels
   must be in ascending order, with a descending level marking the
   end of the array. A level -1 entry in the beginning is the case
   for players with the PLR_DELETED flag. The values below match the
   stock purgeplay.c criteria.

It then goes into detail about the criteria used to determine when
to wipe which player files and how to alter them to fit your needs.
Hope that helps!
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);