The way things display

From: Brandon Allen (crio49@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 01/18/03

i am working on a way in my mud to resetup the way
rooms display there content.

kinda XML style. basicly i have a file called roomdisplay.conf
here is it's content's
----------------------
<c-green><room-title><c-nrm><c-white><imm-room-vnum><c-nrm>
<c-white><imm-room-flags><c-nrm>
<c-gray><room-desc><c-nrm>
<exits>
<items>
<extra-descripts>
<player-display>
----------------------

this is loaded and it is parsed i think i need to
clean my code a little but this is my way of
reconfiguring the room display. i know this is how
it already looks however it can be edited and reloaded
on the fly and things outside the <> are simply dumped
to the screen.

such as

----------------------
<c-green>[<room-title>]<c-nrm><c-white><imm-room-vnum><c-nrm>
<c-white><imm-room-flags><c-nrm>
<c-gray><room-desc><c-nrm>
<exits>
<items>
<extra-descripts>
<player-display>

in this example the [ and the ] would show up on the screen
i have a simler file for my auto exit's and my score screen

is anyone interested in my code when i am done

and agian i am still working on the smoke code.