Re: License question redux

From: Jim (realm@citlink.net)
Date: 03/05/03

Before I get flamed, this is just a question, I havent done this nor
plan to, was just a discussion I had with some mudders....Understanding
the Diku/Circle license forbids a person from charging, or making money
to run a circle mud, is it in violation of the license for an
Administrator to pay a coder to do work for him on the mud? Reading the
license, I am of the understanding of anybody making money in any form
from the mud violates the license, but one of the guys brought up the
point of server operators charging rent to run a mud would kind of be
the same as paying someone to code, not necessarily on a perm basis,
more like a contractual type of deal. Any ideas?
Thanks
Jim

*******All bleeding eventually stops*******