[MySQL] Curious SQL related crash.

From: Jason Ragsdale (jrags@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/10/03

Hello all,
 I have run into a very strange SQL related issue and
was wondering if anyone has any insite into it. I am
converting my mail system to sql, that is all done,
but when i call the following mysql commands as they
should be. mysql_init, mysql_real_connect, <various
querys>, mysql_free_result, then mysql_close. On
mysql_close i get the following crash in GDB.

#0  0x4207ad55 in free () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#1  0x400627c5 in my_no_flags_free ()
   from /home2/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.12
#2  0x4005f605 in mysql_close ()
   from /home2/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.12
#3  0x080bb8a5 in sql_disconnect () at sqlcommon.c:87

Now i have my pfiles, helpfiles, and socials converted
already and using the same basic format as i listed
above and i have never run into this issue. It acts as
if it is trying to close a non-exisitant connection.
Just to test that i put in if (conn == NULL) check
into my disconnect wrapper and it passes that check.
Any ideas why only this peice of code would have this
issue?

-Jason

http://webhosting.yahoo.com