[NEWBIE] Cygwin ./configure error...

From: Alex (sombralobo13@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/24/03

Hi... Right now I'm too cheap to buy a compiler, so I
decided to download the new version of Cygwin, version
1.3.22-1.  Unfortunately, when I get to the step where
I type in the bash shell "./configure"... I get this
message:

checking for less... no
checking for most... no
checking for more... no
checking for cat... cat
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.
 If cygwin is not worth it, I was thinking about
getting Microsoft Visual Studio .NET... does anyone
know if circlemud will compile correctly on this?

Thanks again.

-- SombraLobo

http://search.yahoo.com