Re: [OFFTOPIC] Editor of choice

From: Kurt Grittner (
Date: 05/10/03

I use MSVC with samba shares.  It does NOT add CR's if there were none
to begin with.  I use putty (SSH) to get the terminal window and compile as
you describe... all works very well.

On Sat, 10 May 2003 14:46:12 -0400, Phillip Ames <grathol@HOTPOP.COM>

> Hi there,
> I need some input from those die-hard Linux users out there.  All the
> development work I've ever done on Circle has been in MSVC++, where I
> would
> write my code, test it, compile it, and then dump it onto a Linux machine
> for "production" purposes.  I'm trying to change that, though.  I'd like
> stick exclusively to one platform so I don't have to worry about
> accidentally overwriting my sysdep.h file with the Windows version, etc.
> However I am wont to give up my preferred interface because I have
> "instant
> access" to all the files just by double clicking on them.  I pondered
> setting up a Samba share, using MSVC++ to edit the files and then have an
> open terminal window to compile but I think that VC will append ^M's to
> all
> my files and I'm not looking forward to running a dos2unix script on them
> all.  Is there any particular editing "suite" that anyone can recommend
> that
> will allow me to deal with all the Circle files at once?  Thanks, and
> sorry
> for the off-topicness of this post.
> --
> | FAQ: |
> | Archives: |
> | Newbie List:   |

Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: