Re: boards and other stuff!

From: Stephen M. Mulcahy (9224076@ul.ie)
Date: 01/27/94

>>>Still cant seem to get boards to work right...
>>>
>>>the files are there, the boards seem to save messages fine..but it doesnt
>>>save to file...so at reboot...no messages.
>>>(yes i look at the board later).

Are these new boards or what...... The original boards seem to work fine with us, after a reboot, any messages on the boards still exist
afterwards....wierd

>>>Next question: im probably missing it....but how do you open zones...to other
>>>zones...

Well, I assume that you're talking about having let's say Room A in Zone 1 and Room B in Zone 2.... to connect them, you just put a
door in Room A connecting to Room B and a door in Room B connecting to Room A, this is done in the .wld files for the respective
rooms, if you don't put a door in both rooms, the path will be one-way and  you won't be able to make the door lockable, for instance,
in our MUD, we have placed a number of one-way doors in a "portal room" which connect to various zones around the Mud.

>>>Final question:  is there any way to have it set so when a container is loaded,
>>>things are in it.  I know in the zone file you can set stuff..but i mean when
>>>a god loads say a chest at any point, a quenched and a huge treasure would be
>>>the only way.

I don't think this is possible, ii would be nice though.

>>>I thank all answers ahead of time!!!

You're welcome!

Stephen