(no subject)

From: Joseph R. Rach (r6788@hopi.dtcc.edu)
Date: 02/18/94

Hello! This is my first post to this newgroup. I am trying to run a
CircleMUD with the following operating system: DG/UX Release 5.4R2.10
The source compiles and runs, but i'm getting a few errors. I know
that v2.20 wasn't ported to DG/UX, but thats what i have to use. I
could continue to operate the game w/ these errors, but i would prefer
to fix them. The list below contains the errors i'm getting. As you
can see, they mostly deal w/ the sockets. I don't know much about socket
coding. I was able to fix other problems such as (random()) by replacing
it with rand. Any help will be greatly appraited. If i can get all these
errors fixed, i'll post all the changes made. Thanks in advance.

__Begin__
Compilation type: gcc -c -O -Wall
Errors:
comm.c: In function `game_loop':
comm.c:240: warning: implicit declaration of function `gettimeofday'
comm.c:268: warning: shift count >= width of type
comm.c:268: warning: shift count >= width of type
comm.c:274: warning: implicit declaration of function `bzero'
comm.c:295: warning: implicit declaration of function `sigsetmask'
comm.c:297: warning: implicit declaration of function `select'
comm.c: In function `init_socket':
comm.c:646: warning: implicit declaration of function `gethostname'
comm.c:656: warning: implicit declaration of function `socket'
comm.c:661: warning: implicit declaration of function `setsockopt'
comm.c:679: warning: implicit declaration of function `bind'
comm.c:684: warning: implicit declaration of function `listen'
comm.c: In function `new_connection':
comm.c:698: warning: implicit declaration of function `getsockname'
comm.c:700: warning: implicit declaration of function `accept'
comm.c: In function `new_descriptor':
comm.c:744: warning: implicit declaration of function `getpeername'
act.wizard.c: In function `do_set':
act.wizard.c:2665: warning: implicit declaration of function `crypt'
db.c: In function `fread_string':
db.c:1736: warning: implicit declaration of function `bzero'
interpreter.c: In function `nanny':
interpreter.c:1298: warning: implicit declaration of function `crypt'
signals.c: In function `signal_setup':
signals.c:57: warning: implicit declaration of function `setitimer'
__End__

These may all just be problems with syntax or something? Shrug. I'm also
interested in learning more about porting programs to differnt OSs and am
wondering were i should look for more information on this subject. Thanks.

                           Sincerly,
                            r6788