Crash caused by get all.xxx 2.xxx - any answers?

From: The Mud Operator (absolut@b63740.STUDENT.cwru.edu)
Date: 03/20/94

We were wondering if anyone had any answers to our problem with our MUD
crashing because of trying to get all.xxx 2.xxx ?

We are running under 2.11++ (the ++ is for the many additions we made
ourselves), and it seems there is a problem, not sure if it is a bug that
may have been fixed by later releases, but here's what happens...

Lets say you have a LOT of of items, like, cans of pop, for example.  We
found that if we have as many cans as items we can carry, and put them all
in a pack, then get one more can, then try to get all.can pack, the mud will
crash.

What should we do to fix this?

Ace
AbsolutMUD (b63740.cwru.edu 4000)