Economies on Muds

From: The Mud Operator (absolut@b63740.STUDENT.cwru.edu)
Date: 03/28/94

So, we have been trying to figure out ways to build a 'real' kind of
economy on our muds. So far, we have decided to place high level items
for sale in our stores so as to entice people to save money.
I have been thinking about having item prices go up with each buy and down
with each sale... (supply demand economy).. and maybe putting in a
stock market, where peopel can buy/sell from a list of stock
(which I will be pulling out of the WSJ and updating once a week
maybe twice)
anyways.. I was wondering if anyone out there has done anything similar,
or if anyone might have some other ideas on how I might have a thriving
economy on a mud.
Thanks,
absolut